Join the HBO Max Social Team
Hello. We would like to pay you to use TikTok and make TikToks. We want you to be on a team of people who eat, sleep, and breathe TikTok. We want you to dream in TikTok, just shy of marrying TikTok. For us. And do it all summer long.
Who you are:
You're a student and a social media fiend. You're the friend that your friends always text to get pro-level tips on how to improve their social profile. You know who the hottest influencers are on multiple platforms; you also know the difference between the has-beens, the wanna-bes, the legends, and who's taking it to the next level. You took the BuzzFeed quiz about TikTok slang and aced it so hard you stopped taking it because you knew. You love TV and movies. You're on top of all the hashtags and creator tools and, also, you like getting #paid.
Who we are:
We have thousands of movies and TV shows and are obsessed with turning people on to entertainment we love. We have the best purple gradient. We also appreciate the educational value and professional mentoring of an internship.
What we’ll do together:
We could use somebody like you to put some dents in our social playbook, pull it apart, and make it better.
- We'll make some killer TikToks on top of also introducing new fans to the HBO Max app and showing off what's inside — from Euphoria to Aquaman to Rick & Morty to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- We will capture our viewers with social media content in 15 seconds or less and hold onto them forever.
- Work alongside the HBO Max social experts on major projects to create the next awesome thing for our accounts.
- Learn how to run social media accounts — getting hands-on experience on everything from content strategy to monitoring social trends to campaign analysis.
- Help us grow our audience, manage our social communities, and engage directly with HBO Max fans.
- Brainstorm, pitch, and create content that could be used on HBO Max's TikTok and other social accounts.
What you’ll get out of it:
Top-notch experience doing what you love and what you are already doing anyway. Actual work that you can show future employers and a competitive hourly wage. First-hand feedback from first-rate professionals who can help you achieve your wildest dreams. Your very own HBO Max subscription during your internship, not that you're freeloading off of your parents or anything. We're not judging.
How to apply:
- Make a TikTok video (< 60 seconds) telling us what you love about HBO Max and post it using #HBOMaxSummerIntern. Make sure it's something TikTok users would love, and not just us. We added some clips to our account for inspo.
- Write a few paragraphs about yourself. Brag and explain why you should be our TikTok intern (aka a "cover letter").
- Fill out the application. Make sure to include a link to your TikTok and attach your cover letter. Apply no later than June 21, 2020 at 11:59pm PDT (yes, that's Father's Day, and a Sunday, so you'd better work that into your dance card).
The legal stuff 🙄 😴 ✔:
- This is a paid internship.
- Must be 16+ in order to apply.
- Must be a student — a student of life, yes, but also at a high school or college.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- This is a part time opportunity and we're flexible with hours, but generally you must be available from 7/13/2020 - 8/21/2020 to get the most out of this internship.
- Our lawyers told us that WarnerMedia reserves the right to offer one or more or even no candidates this internship. The latter's unlikely but, hey, maybe all of our applicants just really hate money and getting paid to do work.
- Final candidates will be required to be interviewed by phone or video. Maybe pick out your outfit now?
- New hires — including interns — will be required to complete paperwork including a background check, Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 form), and other very dull WarnerMedia essentials.
- As part of our background check, we hire people who aren't up to any funny business, and reserve the right to boot you from the shortlist due to said funny business. Any internship will be "at will" and governed by applicable WarnerMedia company policies.